At ALIVE, we believe that holistic health care approaches such as the Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy® will address and heal physical, emotional, and spiritual illnesses. Not only will this form of massage therapy help patients to feel more connected to their mind, body, and soul but it will also teach them more about their digestive system and reproductive organs.
What is it?
The Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy® are founded on an ancient Maya technique of Abdominal Massage. This technique is preformed externally by gently guiding and supporting organs back into their optimal position, allowing for improved functioning for optimal health and wellness.
The Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy® is performed externally by gently guiding and supporting your organs back into their optimal position, allowing for improved functioning for optimal health and wellness. This repositioning releases tension, reopens blocked energy paths, and allows toxins to be flushed out.
Arvigo Therapy® is best known to addressing misalignment or congestion in the reproductive organs of both men and women, as well as many common digestive disorders.
The techniques effectively alleviates tissue congestion and organ constriction to improve the vital flows of energy, blood, lymph and nerves in the abdomen. It addresses and can release emotional and energetic tension from the abdomen. This assists to prevent the progression of chronic disease symptomology while improving the body’s ability to SELF REPAIR and BALANCE.
The Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy® restores blood flow and nutrients back to your vital organs and muscles. It also assists the body’s innate healing ability to remove obstacles and create balance within. It can help support and enhance health and wellness throughout the life cycle for women, men, and children.
Most common symptoms and conditions that Arvigo Therapy® can help address:
- Digestive disorders (Crohn’s, IBS, constipation, gastritis, esophageal reflux, indigestion Muscular tension
- Urinary issues (incontinence, frequent urination, frequent urinary infections etc.)
- Fertility enhancement
- Post-surgery (scar tissue and adhesions in abdomen)
- Menstrual Disorders (painful/irregular periods)
- Preconception through Postpartum
- Fertility Enhancement
- C-section/hysterectomy surgery recovery
- Pelvic Organ Congestion (endometriosis, cysts, fibroids)
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome
- Chronic bladder/yeast infections
- Pelvic organ prolapses
- Early stages of BPH (Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy)
- Prostatitis (mild)
What to expect during a session?
Initial appointments are approximately 105 to 120 minutes in length.
- A comprehensive review of your past and present health care needs focusing on reproductive and digestive health.
- Upper and lower abdominal massage
- Evaluation of and application of bodywork to improve alignment of spine (back work with a focus on low back)
- Instruction in self-care massage to enhance your professional session.
Things to consider when booking your first appointment:
This work needs to be adjusted and will not include the lower abdominal portion if you have an active infection (UTI, Yeast or any other vaginal infections) or if you have an IUD.
- For fertility enhancement the ideal time is after you finish menstruating up until ovulation
- For menstruating women (not for fertility and there is no chance of pregnancy) any time after menses up to 5 days before you are due to menstruate again.
- For menopausal women – any time
- For men: any time
We recommend booking a minimum of 2-3 professional sessions to address your most conditions. Clients who perform their self-care massage on a routine basis report an improvement in their symptoms.
Interested in trying The Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy®? Want to learn more? Book your first appointment with us today!